We have all heard about the ions, and they are electric charge – positive and negative. We learn about them in school, but few of us seem to think about what their function is for us, the living nature, the plants and the animals.
Undoubtedly, we feel good when we are in the nature – in wooded and mountainous areas, near rivers, lakes, waterfalls. Even when we go to a village for a couple of days, we immediately feel the huge difference. We also feel the difference in air just before a storm (heavy, dense, difficult to breathe) and immediately after it (pleasant, light, refreshed, refreshing, aromatic). Many people do not even need a meteorological prognosis because they know when it will rain, when it will be cold, when the weather is going to be unpleasant.
This is no accident at all. It is due to a number of factors. Some of the most important are related to the saturation of the atmosphere and the air with ions.
A number of long research and experiments have shown that the human body and living organisms in general (animals, plants, etc.) react in a certain way when they come under the influence of these charged particles. Positively charged ions do not affect us well – have a catabolic effect, causing fatigue and in the long term and a number of diseases. The negatively charged, have an anabolic effect, help the body to relax and feel better, promoting our health.
Positively charged ions are inherent to dirty air, and negative ions – to clean, fresh air, filtered and enriched by natural processes in nature.
Negatively charged ions are so important and useful to organisms because:
- They take care of the good condition of the immune system
- Increase microcirculation and metabolic processes
- They are actively involved in natural processes of detoxification at cellular level
- Balance the natural bioenergy that flows in our body and loads us with positive energy and tone
- Accelerate recovery processes and increase working efficiency, especially important in the workplace
- They alleviate chronic headaches and relieve the symptoms of asthma, allergies, respiratory problems, flu, cold, sinusitis, pulmonary diseases, Bronchitis, migraine, chronic fatigue, insomnia, etc.
- They restore neutral acid-alkali balance, which helps the blocked energy to be released and the body to function optimally. Improve sleep quality, improve reflexes and speed
- Improves brain function – better concentration and longer memory
- Stimulate the adrenal glands to secrete cortisone that protects against various diseases and fights fatigue;
- They provide red blood cells with a sufficient amount of bioenergy
- They act favourably and stimulate the creative potential
- Enliven the spirit and energize the basic biopuncture
- They reduce and neutralize the dangerous effects of stress, depressive and anxious states – anxiety, neurosis, etc .
- Improves the negative electrical potential of the cells that takes care of the optimal absorption of nutrients and the disposal of harmful products
Unfortunately, the predominantly urban and highly industrialized lifestyle, seriously severing us from the places where the air has the highest concentration of negatively charged ions.
Concentration of negative ions (I / cm3 air) in different environments:
- housing and offices in urban areas – 50-100
- homes and offices with air conditioning – up to 40
- street – 100-500
- highly loaded roads – below 100
- villages – 2,000-4,000
- mountains and resorts- 5,000-10,000
- near waterfalls – 10 000-50 000
- after storm – 50,000-100,000
That being said, you do not know what you miss if you never had a Himalayan salt rock lamp. It’s like having an open window – a light glowing natural source of fresh air. And it sits on your desk, in the living room, next to the bed or anywhere you choose to place it.